September is Hunger Action Month.
GardenShare is raising awareness about hunger and food security issues in our communities - and giving YOU plenty of ways to take action!
Although COVID is preventing in person events from taking place, we’ve been working hard to make sure Hunger Action Month is still engaging!
September 1-30: Activity Calendar
Follow along with our online, daily activity calendar. From articles and TED Talks to sharing photos on social media, each day has an action that you can take to inform yourself and others about issues of hunger and food justice and ways to get involved and make a difference locally.
How to Get Involved:
- Check out the GardenShare Hunger Action Month Google Calendar.
- Complete the activities! We'll be posting on social media every day to add to the conversation.
- Encourage friends and family to participate as well!
September 25-27: Fight Hunger Your Way
We have always rounded out the month of September with our 5K but this year, we've reimagined our annual fundraising event from Fight Hunger 5K into Fight Hunger Your Way! The final weekend of the month, we invite everyone to help raise money for GardenShare’s food justice efforts while engaging in your favorite form of physical activity - running, walking, biking, hiking, paddling, gardening, you name it!
How to Get Involved:
- Register for the event on RunSignUp.com.
- Refer your friends by sharing your unique link on social media (you'll get this after registering).
- See who else is participating using the RunSignUp dashboard.
- Become a fundraiser or make an additional donation, if you'd like. Raise $100 and get a free GardenShare tote bag!
- Print out your digital bib and get ready for the weekend.
- From September 25-27, fight hunger YOUR way by getting active, spread the word about GardenShare and have fun!
- Submit your virtual results on RunSignUp.com and see how others Fought Hunger Their Way over the weekend.
Be sure to share any photos from the month and the Fight Hunger Your Way event on social media! Tag us and use the hashtags #SLCHAM and #FightHungerYourWay.